Thursday, July 17, 2008

My new business

Some kids make money by doing chores. I mean, like clean the garage, or sweep the floor, or maybe even make your bed. I mean(Again!), why make your bed?, You're just going to unmake it later.

So by now I bet you are wondering what my new business is. That is what I'm going to tell you right now. A detective, that's what! So I solve mysteries. Only I just have 1 mystery. Mine! My mystery.

I wrote it in my detective journal of Gareth Chan, A.123fdgs. That was my account.

But guess what? When you solve mysteries, you are hoping for money,
right? But my card just looks like: Need a big mystery solved? Call Gareth Chan, Agent 123fdgs. For a dollar a day, I make problems go away! My first mystery was called The Case Of The missing Yo Yo.

Thank goodness that I found my Velocity (that's my yo yo).
I hope that I will have MORE mysteries to solve.

Well, maybe that you think I LOVE money, but I actually use those dollars to offer at church.

3 comments:

Icy Lee said...

Dear Gareth,

I like your sense of humour!

This is a great piece.

Are you going to write a detective story next time?

I am looking forward to reading your next chapter book!

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Dear Gareth,

Does that mean the more things are missing, the more money you'll make!

Therefore, do you really want to have more things missing so that you can have more mysteries to solve. Hope you are able to locate all the missing items!!!

Auntie Becky

Anonymous said...

1. When I was a little boy, I asked the same question: Why make the bed when in less than 16 hours I'm going to jump into bed again? Today I still ask this question on Sundays. (Can you guess why on Sundays?)
2. Wow, not just spooky haunted house!!!

Uncle Paul